A storage unit is a blessing in disguise when used correctly and if not, it can create more stress in your already stressful life. A storage unit is like an extension to your house. It helps keep your temporary stock organised and safe from dust and other creepy-crawlies. To have an organised storage unit you first need an organised inventory. An inventory list will save you a lot of time and is also a crucial piece of information. A clear and straight forward inventory list can help you keep your storage unit at bay.
Read on to find how to create an inventory list for your storage unit:
- Group the inventory: When creating your inventory, start by picking a room and creating a list. All the items from the living room can be grouped together, similarly the kitchen and the bedrooms. Manage to box the items in the same order. Create a copy of the inventory list and paste the copy on the boxes that the items are stored in. You can also group the items based on the colour or thefrequency at which you will need them throughout the time of your storing.
- Create a Master list: By creating a master list, you can update it every time an item is added or removed from the storage unit. The master list should be detailed with box number, details of the items stored, date, list of items in a box etc.
- Update the list often:It is very important to be disciplined if you wish to be organised.It is crucial to keep the master list updated every time you add or remove an item from your storage unit. Does not matter if the item you moved was small or big, you must record it and keep the list updated. An updated master list will help you be stress free.
- Organise the storage unit: Use shelves or dividers to create space in your storage unit. Use a certain section to store a group of products based on your list. You could also save money on the dividers by using your boxes to create space. Make sure to label the sections and boxes for easy access and remembrance.
- Make notes on the inventory list:Make notes but do not scribble on your inventory list. Strike out the items on the list as and when you move them out from the storage unit. Also, the notes that you make on the master list needs to be clear and readable. You do not want to scratch your head decoding your own writing.
Storage units in Oldham come in different sizes and packages, but self storage oldham is the best according to us. They guarantee to be the cheapest in the area. They have state of the art facility. The storage units are clean, secure, and cheap. They have storage units in all sizes and prices to suit the needs of their varied customers.